Thursday, February 24, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Emily's family goes up to the mountain to play in the snow each year. This year they invited us a long. We haven't had much snow down here that Jake would remember so I wasn't sure how he would do....but who doesn't like sledding!?!?

At first Jake hated the snow. Much like sand at the beach, he had to be held and didn't want to be near it.

His mood soon changed once we introduced him to sledding, or "slidding" as he called it.

Jake liked it so much that even after Grandpa took him into trees and bushes he still kept going with him! The next day were the ski lessons. Jake stayed home with Grandma and Byron.....and I braved the wind and cold in an attempt to ski.


By the end of the ski lesson I was able to stop and link some turns. The next day it started snowing like crazy! As you can see the snow was so deep it was hard to walk in.

Before we left I went snow shoeing with Chris around the cabin. Look how deep the snow was:

No comments:

Post a Comment